Carnegie is always looking for the best talents. When evaluating candidates, we look for good academic results, the right skills, and relevant experience – however, most importantly: your motivation for the job and our company. Here are some of the best tips from our HR on how to stand out from the crowd when trying to land a job in Carnegie.
- Get to know our company – why do you want to work at Carnegie?
- Customize each application to the specific job
- Show us that you are ambitious and a hard worker. Good results from education and previous jobs are always a plus
- If you are a student, come visit us on career days or student events. This will give you insights that online searches cannot give, and in turn demonstrate you motivation for the role
- Know your skills and strengths and communicate them in the application letter. If you have examples to show, even better!
- Communicate your interest and motivation for the financial industry. This can be through your academic choices, internships, student activities, or other hobbies
- Make sure to answer all questions and upload all documents requested
- Take your time when writing the application letter and make sure to avoid typos
- Keep it simple and concrete in the application letter – 1 page is enough
- Remember to make sure that your application is coherent and that you have presented the full range of your skills and experiences
- Always be well prepared and on time
- Be focused, and make sure to not be disturbed during the interview
- Try to relax and be yourself – we are interested in getting to know you!
- Be confident, but not arrogant
- Be prepared for both soft and technical questions (for example accounting and valuation questions)
- Listen and pay close attention to the questions. It is ok to ask us to repeat or take some time to think
- Be curious and enthusiastic – do not be afraid to ask us any questions!
- Highly important: communicate your motivation for the exact position and for Carnegie as an employer
- Our interviews can be challenging; however, our goal is always to give you an interesting and good experience
And remember – whether you get the job or not, it is always good practice to write applications and getting interview experience. This will make you even better prepared for next time.